Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Owls and Shit

Ran with my beautiful son last night. Fabulous, just fabulous.  Things appear to be on the mend in his world which makes me the happiest out of all the wonderful things that have happened of late.

The job - they want to second interview me!!  It went really well!!  I'm pretty excited!!!!  And I won't die if I don't get it, but will be excited if I do.  So that's a great place to be  - especially as I finally got a letter of offer and a contract from my current job - only a couple of years in the making but hey!!  Now it is the Paradox of Choice.....as someone once said.....(but in a totally different concept, the cheeky bugger)....

And that other thing.  Well.  What can I say?  Not much, except a huge big grin from ear to ear.  It's eclipsing the moon at present, that smile.

Three sleeps till Japan!!!  Can't wait.  Two nights in Tokyo, sightseeing in the big city, shopping, eating, drinking, and GOING TO KARAOKE BARS, running round the city in the mornings, chalking up the bars at night....then the peace and tranquility of the Pilgrammage from Tanabe across the mountains.  Now that I am paying attention, I am very very very excited, esp about the hotel on the last night of the hike, which is up on a cliff and underneath is a hot spa in a CAVE!!!  Woo hoo.  And it too has KARAOKE!!!  And in fact an Onsen and a small city in a labyrinth underneath the cliff. Wierd concept, looking forward to seeing this.

Richard has told me he has been doing 10km runs daily.  I don't know whether he thinks I am going to want to run every day AFTER 8 hours of climbing Japanes Mountains and looking at Shrines, but if he does, he is a complete idiot.  I'll be in the bar sipping that Japanese beer and telling war stories. 

Curt and John are very excited because they have AN OWL.  And, as John put it.....HE IS FUCKING BRILLIANT.  Not sure what constitutes brilliance in Owls, but according to John, swooping on your prey without making a sound and catching it comes in first, as does sitting on your clothesline and giving you a death stare when you try to photograph it.   Cos Curt said he got the camera out and the Owls eyes cut right through him with a right fuck off death stare when he tried to take a pic.

So I think I can go to Japan safe in the knowledge that Curt is ok, will be ok, and is making solid plans for his future.  And I have some wonderful things to come back to. :)  All is well.






1 comment: