Sunday, May 26, 2013

Phew!

"Sit with yourself, and you will discover the universe.

Explore the Universe, and you will discover yourself."

Someone smart said that (i.e.: not me), and it is so true.  I've been on a little voyage of discovery lately and it has been enlightening, sometimes a little scary and really quite wonderful.  The big change I have made is to try and shake off the shackles of expectation.  What people expect.  What the norm is.  What people SHOULD do.  I am happy with the voyage, I am doing it my way and I am learning, learning, learning!!!  And I love learning.  About myself and the world and other people and how we perceive things and how sometimes, some things are best left unsaid and some things are just best done and embraced and no talking is really needed.  And I'm learning about what makes me happy, and what I enjoy and the kinds of people I like to spend time with.  And how to make cheesecake.  

Being outside a lot agrees with me.  Doing stuff with like minded people also agrees with me.  I think I am mellowing in my old age, because just about everything seems to agree with me these days!!!  Anyway I pretty much spent the whole weekend outside, which is one of those things I love.  Another interstate visitor weekend which meant a lot of exploring and this weekend started with a run around the river before breakfast, breakky at The Deli and four hours of climbing up and down stairs at Wentworth Pass.  Went right down to the bottom this time down some very dodgy steps and all that Japanese hiking made it feel very easy indeed.  Beautiful scenery, beautiful day, about a thousand times I remembered how lucky I was to live in this wonderful country.  Japan is beautiful in the countryside but their cities are so full of people and flashing lights and every available space is used up, so I like Australia much better because we have space and there are a lot less of us!! 

Saturday night we had a little cooking class at my place and we each made a dish, so we ended up with a dinner for kings!!  We had a fancy desert, but, I think we earned it!!!  It's so nice to hang around the kitchen cooking, eating, drinking, dancing to the iPod and generally being silly.  I forgot chopping.  I am a master chopper. 

This morning we ran on the local trails around Knapsack and up Lovers Walk, with a detour through the Knapsack Race course, just to make up the Kms.  Joy in running on the trails this morning, much joy.  Then hoofed it into downtown Parramatta to Criniti's for the best garlic prawns and salad and sauvignon blanc and soon it was time for the airport and more goodbyes....which seems to be the way things are going these days!!  Next weekend Canberra, the weekend after Brisbane, and in between I will be plotting my next trip to California via The Cayman Isles....!!!

Big day tomorrow, big changes, lots happening and hopefully lots changing; Fingers crossed!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment