Wednesday, May 22, 2013

So, I went back to work.

Ha.

Possibly indicative of my mood, I was spotted telling my boss that a certain supplier could "stick it up his ass" to snickers from the rest of the office and mumblings of "she's baaaaack....".....

I sat through a Board Meeting where I suddenly saw two of our Directors as the two Old Guys from the Muppets.  So possibly not the greatest start to being back at work because I giggled a lot to myself.

However it must have been all that crazy sex I had in Japan (haha) because everyone commented on how I looked today, like I was relaxed, younger, happier, etc etc.  So forget botox and just go to Japan.  Ok Ok I didnt have any crazy sex but I just liked writing that and imagining I did.  But obviously hiking in the fresh mountain air and hardly drinking and eating lots of shitake mushrooms is good for ones complexion.

Anyway, have to forget Japan and start planning a new adventure.  And I know what it is.  It is California and then Grand Cayman.  And it will be later this year.  And the California bit will involve hiking and seeing Helen and the Cayman bit will involve seeing Alison and possibly Cuba, cos it is close.  And now that I have the travel bug - oh dear.  I am not sure what will stop me....

But first, THIS WEEKEND - FARK another weekend of firsts.....fark, sometimes I wonder what the hell I am thinking then others I just think YOU GO GIRL. I am kind of at a crossroads with myself at this point in time, not quite sure whether to applaud myself or retreat into the background saying very little.....we shall see!!!!  But all I can say is - another adventure, if I haven't challenged myself enough this year, honestly I will tell you, but I appear to be able to keep the momentum up pretty well on my own.  So this weekend is another new thing happening, and it is fair to say I am having all sorts of shitting myself moments combined with THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT moments combined with WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING moments.  So all totally normal really.

One day, I will die. 

Yes, that is a very mundane thought.  But before I do, I would like to think I stuffed a lot into this life of mine.  I certainly intend to stuff as much in as I can between now and when that happens.  And whilst I do it, I will try and surround myself with people who care about me, and who wish me well and who love me.

Amen :)




No comments:

Post a Comment