Monday, May 13, 2013

Tokyo

Tonight I ate my first oyster. And spat out my first cup of tadpoles garnished with seaweed. No, seriously, it had the consistency of lumpy goo and tasted fishy and rank. The oyster was yum though. The raw fish....nice if smothered in wasabi!

We shopped in all the crazy chaos of Shinjuku and Harajuku today. We did Tokyo Hands and I loved it. I got up and ran before the day started and saw all sorts of things, a homeless man with eight cats all on leads, and a man living in an Ikea box. Despite their love of the marathon, I saw very few other runners, but smelt a lot of drains.

I'm looking forward to getting to the mountains here for clean air and a hike...

In the meantime I am loving the food and giving everything a go, even last night 'parsons nose on a skewer" - that's chicken bum flaps (fried) for the uninitiated....

I managed to buy a pair of high heeled wellies and a petzl headlamp, Tokyo is the craziest place to shop I have ever been.

Next stop a big train ride, crisp clean mountain air and lots of meditation....ommm....

No comments:

Post a Comment