Sunday, July 21, 2013

Gob problems....

The best laid plans and all that......

The plan was to run this morning with Fi and then run this arvo with Bundy and MJ.  I did do both, but both runs felt really bizarre, possibly because of the huge amount of drugs I've been taking for this farking big hole in my tooth that I should have got looked at in January 2012.  And now I have to find someone to pull the farking thing out tomorrow.  Which probably explains my grumpy cow mode all of last week and my ability to quaff inordinate amounts of cleanskin wine on Friday night in an effort to numb my gob.  So today I DID do 23.5km of running.  And the 10km this morning, to be honest, I think I was still mainly asleep and didn't really notice it.  I crawled back into bed straight afterwards, popped some more drugs and drifted back into oblivion, which was quite nice.  Then I got up and hoped to sail through 13.5km on the trails.  I sailed through about 11km then I started shivering and shaking and feeling sorry for myself and to my absolute horror, in front of my friends, I started to cry.  How farking embarrassing!!!  So we sort of run / walked back to the car and I was totally mortified and couldn't get warm and had a throbbing head and generally felt like shooting myself.  This is just about the only feeling that will coerce me to go to the dentists.  So tomorrow I plan to ring around the fang farriers in the area until I find one who sounds sympathetic enough to pull the fecking thing out and be done with it.  Bloody teeth.  Why oh why were they invented with nerves?  Even the word makes it sorer, I'm sure.  So the good thing about tomorrow then is that I don't have to go to work.  But conversely I think I have been disliking work because my gob has been sore.  So maybe if I get it sorted my attention span will suddenly resume and I will be back to normal functioning Sonia.  Because I have been a bit scattered of late and I can't think why.

Anyway,. this week only 40km of running, but aren't we winding down to a marathon or something?  Going to see the lovely man in Bathurst on Wednesday and then he comes for the marathon weekend on Friday, so I am very much looking forward to both, and even the race!!!  Of course I am looking forward to the race!!!  I will have the gob problems solved and will be ON FIRE!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment