Sunday, July 7, 2013

More happy ramblings....

Another great week, both training wise and "other" wise :)

Other covering career, family, love life, finance, knicker size.

Firstly, the training.  I loved every minute of my training this week.  Every single farking minute.  I really did.  Even when it was tough, I still loved it.  And you can't beat that.

So summary of week:

Monday - 7km road run with Bentley Man
Tuesday - 10km (?) I keep forgetting my garmin - with Summit Sisters and some little intervals thrown in
Wednesday - A day of rest.  Sort of.... :)
Thursday - Naff all.  Actually I had really jumpy legs on Wednesday night so thought a day off might be the go
Friday - 6km with Bentley Man - bloody tough little run - too much uphill to declare as "fun" but the fact that we did it on an unlit road on a friday night in the dark with headlamps under the stars and then had a beer after made it fun.....
Saturday - 27km with the motley crew out at Faulconbridge Point.  Totally awesome morning, gorgeous views, brilliant company, 27km seemed "easy" in these conditions.  I fucking love my running friends.  Great to see Bentley man and Graham come along and do their longest runs ever (one loop 13.5km) and Maylinda the little champion did her longest run ever ever ever and was charging ahead to clock up 27km yesterday.
Sunday (today) - I wanted to do 10km to make the tally for the week 60km - managed 9.91km.  Lets round that up to 10km!!!  I thought I was struggling at about 7km but it is amazing what a great song and a bit of a mental talking to will do for you - managed to actually speed up a bit on the last few kms. But that was probably to get it over with.  I wanted to do 10kms to round up to 60km but also because I fancied some garlic bread tonight.  Been dreaming about garlic bread.  Got home, didn't fancy garlic bread at all.  Had hummous.  And cruskits.  Possibly a better option.

It is fair to say I have been sort of floating about on a cloud of happiness lately.  I won't bore you all with the details but honestly, it's fucking great.  And I should really stop swearing.

Last night went to see Ball Park Music - they were amazingly good, and, the support band, Eagle and the Worm - hello????  Brilliant!!!  Youngsters, maybe early twenties, little brass section, lovely boppy music that could have been written in the sixties or today, just timeless, gorgeous, beautiful music.  We got in the standy upy bit and danced away, what a totally brilliant, happy, joyous gig.  I think everyone walked out of there smiling their heads of singing FENCE SITTER!!! FENCE SITTER WITH YOU!!!!

And next weekend is shaping up for more fun, my lovely man is coming down to see me and I am just over the moon about that :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment