Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Euphoric Post Run Ramblings

So here I am enjoying a "Monkeys Fist" Pale Ale, full of post night time trail running endorphins and of course the beer endorphins.  Is there any better feeling?  I'm not sure.

Tonight I did the Summit Sisters Tuesday session again which was once again totally brilliant.  Unti she sprung speed intervals on us.  Which at the time was hard.  But only for two minutes.  Times Four.  Then it was ok again.  It was actually good to get pushed and have someone watch.  For the lazy runner such as myself, this is EXACTLY what I need.  There was a lot of internal grumbling going on in my brain but it was good.  I guess speed work AND hills is hard, but a wise man once told me that hills are good in the dark because you can't see them and so your brain doesn't do that mental thing where it just assumes it cannot run it, so you stop and walk.  We didn't stop and walk so the theory must work. 

Last night I ran 7km with Bentley Man.  Thought I would struggle because of Sundays long run, but I felt fine, right until the last hill.  Luckily he kept going and literally dragged me mentally up it.  Another really respectable run in the bag.  Getting a reasonable consistency happening now which I am very happy with.

Tomorrow is a night off because B Man is coming to visit again. Thursday I have the option to go to the Summit Sisters run or go see the family.  Is it wrong to want to go to the Summit Sisters run?

Saturday planning long run with Bundy - Saturday night is Ball Park Music!!!  Woo hoo!!!  Another great week flies past......

No comments:

Post a Comment