Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Universe

I have a bit more of an appreciation for the Universe after this week. 

It appears to just KNOW shit, and organise your life accordingly.  Well, it seems to with mine. 

It knows you are not ready for something, it withholds it.  It knows when you have done the hard work on something, it gives you what you need. 

What I will never to this day understand is frigging running injuries.

I need my running right now.  I need it for mental health and what happens?  Haven't been injured in a year and half and suddenly I have injuries coming out of my arsehole. 

What's that about?

Achilles - niggling to nagging.  Back - totally fucked.  Hip - all round aching.

All was going so well and all of a sudden, life shifts a gear, things start to get better and the one and only thing that has been able to carry me through the last few months gives up on me.  I've signed up for camps, I've committed to races, I'm worried and I'm sad but most of all I am scared.  What happens to my weekends if I can't run?  I simply can't contemplate that.

I might have to get a cat. 

And teach it the salsa. 

Fark.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment