Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Shit in the Centre Aisle of Aldi.

Each day this weekend I have woken up shit scared that the weekend was over and I slept right through it.  That sort of "where am I and what day is it?" feeling.

Anyway I got to thinking out how much time we waste doing stupid things at the weekend.  Weekends are very precious and we do tend to spend a lot of time being daft.

For example, the focus of most Saturdays will be Saturday nights dinner, and there is much deliberation over cookery books and the like .  Then of course there is the buying of the ingredients, a ritual in itself.  And you can't go to the local shopping centre without doing what we refer to as "Looking at the Shit in the Centre Aisle of Aldi".  I mean, what other supermarket sells milk, eggs, bread, a long handled sponge, and a deluxe cat toilet?  A long handled sponge?  Those crazy germans. Last week they were selling a glue gun.  Who pops out for a loaf of bread and a glue gun? Anyway we never buy anything at Aldi and usually walk out giggling - it is just a routine we have got into. Sometimes we do Go Lo as well.

Anyway all this eating and drinking takes its toll, so it is important that I get out on my run, and yesterdays run was 11km (not a very long run, but better than a poke in the eye with a stick) and todays was a measly 4km.  4km!!  However I did probably about 10kms more on what I like to refer to as a shopping ultra.  All day, on your feet, in high heels, pacing is needed, as is a good breakfast. 

So not much exciting running to report, I suppose I could say I am tapering for next weeks 45km trail run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment