Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Countdown

Spending the last three days in bed has given me plenty of time to think (that's when I am not having exciting dreams of gas explosions at the bottom of Tarro's Ladder). 

And I got talking to my friend Tim who is just getting back into running after a six month break.

So we decided that we would not touch another drop of alcohol until after City to Surf.

And writing it here means I have to stick to it.

Lately there has been a bit much red wine in the evenings - which is why I am not losing weight despite lots of exercise.  And sometimes wake up feeling tired and sluggish.  I want splarkling eyes and great skin and shiny hair and to wake up feeling marvellous every morning!   And I have twelve foot to look forward to after City to Surf so want to be in top condition for that, not that I am doing the whole 90km, but doing the leg back from Caves House to the Tree in about 5 weeks time - that means Tim will have another five weeks training under his belt and will be back to being fit and fast, and I don't fancy being left alone to go over that swinging bridge in the dark!!  So - self inflicted boot camp here I come!! 

1 comment:

  1. You'll notice a huge difference going off the grog. You do wake up feeling a lot fresher and when you add up all the "empty calories" consumed it's easy to to figure out why the weight wasn't shifting.

    Good luck with boot camp.

    ReplyDelete