Sunday, July 11, 2010

M7 Run

I had been looking forward to todays 16km on the M7 cycleway with Ray - last time we all did the M7 run I felt strong, and fit and just brilliant and really enjoyed it, and was really happy with my run afterwards - however as soon as we started running today it just felt wrong, and by the 8km turnaround point everything was hurting, shins, calves, thighs, arms (sore arms on a run should have been a bit of a giveaway that something wasn't quite right) but struggled on to the end, albeit a lot slower than our initial pace.  On the drive home I started to shiver, then sweat, then my nose started running, my head got sore - which was actually quite a relief because I thought the sore hips / legs were a throwback from last weeks King of the Mountain or maybe an injury, so a common garden cold is a much better excuse for a crap run.

Guess that takes care of the training for the next few days, which is just as well, as I've been feeling tired and uninterested all week - the sniffles probably explain that!

It's two weeks till the M7 - so by then I should be fine and raring to go!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment