Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Week From Hell

It really was, the shitest week ever in my life.  But - IT'S OVER!!!  Yahoo.

And guess how long the non drinking lasted?  FIVE DAYS.  Five days then lunch at Rockpool weakened my resolve.  I must admit, I though Rockpool was just ok.  I have had better snapper.  And better company.  Note to self, going out with Borals Director of Finance was never going to be fun.  Ever.  (I suspect he doesn't read my blog, but you are reading this Tim, sorry).

Anyway, so here I am with a dilemma on my hands.  I now have two job offers and I think I am (for once in my life) going to take the job I want to do with the company I want to work for, rather than taking the sensible approach and taking the more secure, better paid job.  Last time I moved jobs I had the bit of paper out with the big line down the middle and the pros on one side and the cons on the other. 

This time I am going to let my heart rule my head.  Trust my gut instinct.  AM I BRAVE ENOUGH TO DO THIS?  Arrrrghhhhhh!!!

I've got a week to make up my mind. 

There is a man outside in a Sydney Water van and I have no idea what he is doing but it sounds like he is playing the didgeridoo through my toilet.  And there is a smell.  Not a nice smell.

So, running, well, it took a backseat this week.  I think I ran twice, and neither run was in any way exceptional and there was none of the ahhhhhhh that feels better.  But I think stress strips away your energy, and now that I am no longer stressed I can spend all next week running, heck, I can do Woodford to Glenbrook every damn day if I want to.

I have M7 tomorrow.  If I wasn't in a team event I wouldn't either bother doing it, as I don't think I have trained enough over the last two weeks, and am not expecting anything great.  However, in my lifelong quest for weight loss I suppose it is worth about 1,470 calories, which is a whole days eating and will "cover" the bottle of fizzy sparkly stuff that Marie and I managed to put away last night when discussing our plans for world domination in the fashion market, my career and Switzerland.  I think by the end of the night we had our own fashion label and were mass producing tunics from our large and airy warehouse somewhere terribly fashionable.  I was also going to work in Basel in her companys head office and be a Friend of Gary (FOG) and really really successful, and eventually rule the world.  You know how it goes after a few drinks. 

Reality struck this morning with a rather dusty head and the smell of poo emanating up through the toilet. 

Anyway, it has been an interesting week, life continues to move in mysterious ways and now I feel it's time to just go with the flow, relax and believe that everything is going to be ok.  Cos it is.  It really is.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, best of luck with the new job!

    Good on you for following your heart.

    Have fun at M7 tomorrow, and see you at C2S!

    ReplyDelete