Saturday, September 25, 2010

It's been a FAB week of training, just fab.  When training is good, everything is good.  Even when it is bad, if you know what I mean.  But this has been a week full of wonderful things and memories are made of weeks like this.  Nothing I could even articulate, nothing I want to share, just life and friends and stuff.  Work has been really challenging, but in quite a fun way.  What is it about working with a bunch of cool people that makes even shit things all right?

So, no running today.  It felt wierd.  Lazy.  My skin didn't look quite so good.  But I need to keep my legs fresh because tomorrow is the first Running Wild run.  I want to support the guys because they have done a great thing by bringing structured marathons and smaller distances to our beautiful mountains.  I am particularly interested in the Mt Solitary race.  Not because I have any burning desire to run a marathon, but in normal conditions, all runs out there would be ad hoc, unorganised, and therefore only really catering for the fast - most normal people run quite a bit faster than me, and who wants to head off for a really challenging run only to be held back by someone much slower....?  In an organised race, even slowpokes like me get to enter and experience the beautiful scenery, in a supported environment, which is not often offered, usually only by longer events like North Face etc.  So whilst someone else mentioned that we locals could rock up any day of the week and do the Mt Portal run for nothing, I think it is important to support local people organising structured runs in our area.  The Blue Mountains area is so pretty and the views breathtaking, why wouldn't we locals want to shout it from the rooftops?  Plus I am just looking forward to catching up with old friends- all of whom are excited about this new series of races.  (To them they are races, to me they are runs!!!). 

Operation smaller arse is moving along ok.  I bought a size ten dress the other day.  I have eight weeks to lose five kilos.  I am always trying to lose five kilos.  Still I have fun trying.

 I am reading a book called "The Help"  - it is bewitching.  So if I start talking like a honky black person please excuse me.  It is easy to get engrossed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment