Thursday, September 9, 2010

I've been dumped!

I knew it would happen.  My running partner has got himself fit again and now I am too slow for him.  Bugger!

However, that was motivation enough in itself for me to get up at 5.30 this morning and run alone.  There is no better feeling than seeing the red sky and the sun peeking through the trees, the birdies singing and the start of the hustle and bustle of the day.  Legs hurting after yesterdays "speed" session (was speedy to me anyway) - it's been a while since my legs have been sore - I quite like the feeling where I am running every day but not getting sore.  So the aim is for the rest of the month to run every day, no matter how short a run or how busy I am.  It is just good for my mental wellbeing too.  I did some basic weights after my run - lunges, squats, press ups and some ab work.  Looking at my friend Beki's transformation I have decided I want some of that!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment