Monday, December 20, 2010

That's more like it

First run tonight since Thursday, how lazy have I been?  Actually been feeling crappy, hamstring dodgy and I sat and poked and prodded at my middle toe on Saturday night and mentioned to John I thought it might be broken, to which he replied it was highly unlikely as I was able to bend it right back and do lots of poking and prodding - but I do like a little drama.  Actually the pad of my foot is still sore and it is funny because it is in the fatty pad bit at the front where it joins the toe.  Strange.  May have been some ferocious wearing of stilletoes over the last few weeks rather than anything energetic! 

So tonights run.  Well what can I say?  I wish every single run could be like tonights.  I didn't wear a watch and I ran places where I was pretty sure there wouldn't be any serpents, and was rewarded by many sticks but no wriggling ones.  I took myself to Mt Sion (named because it has a hill) and I ran the whole way up it - yahoooooooo!!!  And then down it.  And then up it again.  And I didn't die.  And then on the way back up Old Bathurst Road the punked up version of "Eye of the Tiger" came on and I SPRINTED up Old Bathurst and it was bloody brilliant.  And it was just a training run!  Why can't I do this in races????  Ah well.  It left me full of fuzzy feel good endorphins, which has been something that has been distinctly lacking the last week or so.  How can a time that it supposed to be for families and great fun make me so sad?  Happens every year.  The only good thing about Christmas is mangoes and days off.  And days off equal time to train.  So I should have a great week of running, jumping, climbing trees and putting on makeup. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment