Friday, May 20, 2011

1.7kg thanks to beetroot and tomatoes

So after feeling really really guilty because of Sundays pizza and wine (but hell, it was FUN!!!) I spent the week reminding myself at every given opportunity that my arse was way to big and only sensible food intake and careful choices would get me back on track. 

So - a couple of months ago I picked up a little book called Slim for Life.  Aspirational title.  Anyway reading it makes a lot of sense.  And it is stuff we all know.  Shit like sugar makes your legs go wobbly and crave more sugar.  Sugar is the devil.  Sugar is really the key to everything.  And starch, but to a lesser degree.  So this week I have devoured the labels of everything to assess sugar content.  And, result.  1.7kg off my rather rotund arse.  Actually I have no idea where it came from,  but it is gone. 

I am proud to say despite my 3 hours of train travel daily, the freeezy frosty temps and life in general, I have still managed to get out for three runs this week and plan two at the weekend, am meeting the HC tomorrow for a run early in the morning and will do my fave local trail run Sunday - so that is good and I have been doing weights at home just as an incidental thing - a few squats with the pump bar before my shower in the morning, a few bicep curls before bed, AND I HAVE DONE MY PHYSIO BUM EXERCISES EVERY DAY.  My bum is the key to everything.  My glute muscles, despite being FUCKING HUGE are really fecking lazy.  So Physio reckons if I "fire up" (his words) the glutes, I will stop getting injured.  So religiously doing exercises each night.  Sick of running with pain.  Looking back, I was soooo lazy when uninjured.  I should have done more when I could.  Anyway, according to the Zealots, tomorrow is the end of the world and we will all be either sent to hell or raptured up to heaven.  Personally, I don't classify myself as "The Meek" so I guess I know where I am going.  At least it will be warm.....
Until tomorrow......

1 comment:

  1. Well the world didn't end!!!! YOu seem t be on a bit of a roller coaster at the moment. I hope things steady out. You have had to good week to build on.

    ReplyDelete