Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Chilly times

Despite the fact I am sitting her typing this in my undies, it is actually the worlds coldest day ever here in the FOOTHILLS of the Blue Mountains (god forbid should I refer to my place of residence as "The Mountains" - it's makes the REAL mountaineers very upset indeed.)  Anyway, up in the REAL mountains (as opposed to these pretend suburbs) it is currently SNOWING. 

Anyway, weekend training went much better after a visit to Mr Very Clever Physio Man - I managed 11km on Saturday and felt really good throughout the run, although I did stop and have a stretch halfway through.  Then Sunday I did the same 11km but didn't feel quite so good, but still a heap better than before my leg got put back where it belongs.  Then Monica and I did a 2.5hr hike up stairs and mountains and the like, so Monday was always going to be interesting, and yes, I do think I overdid it - but man - it was such BEAUTIFUL weather and sparkling sunny crispy days that you just HAVE to get out into.  Anyway, I have a new favourite spot.  It is a lovely little sun trap on a trail about ten minutes from home.  It overlooks a valley and you could literally be in the middle of nowhere, but it is five minutes from suburbia. 

The only thing about my new favourite spot is being a sun trap, I think the local serpents might also favour it, so need to be specially careful.

Life at the Oir Tee Aye continues to amuse, except today I have a horrid horrid experience, and one that may hinder my new found love of beetroot smoothies.  You can get a beetroot, carrot, celery and parsley juice made up on the spot, or you can buy an already made up one.  I have had such a longing for them, I have been buying two every morning.  I love them.  Correction.  I LOVED them.  Todays offering looked odd from the get go.  I opened the lid and there was like stringy membranes from the lid to the bottle.  Odd.  But I persevered.  I took a deep swig of my new favourite drink.  Well, you know the consistency of a juice.  It is viscous and watery and JUICY.  What I had in my mouth had the consistency of a blood clot.  It was like a took a swig and a whole lot more that was joined on to it made its way into my mouth.  A blood clot is the only thing I can think of to describe it.  It was truly horrible.  Both bottles went in the bin and I did a bit of half vomity carry on and had to have some chocolate to forget the sensation.  Urrrghhh.  Yucky poo poo.  So my love affair with juiced vegetables is well and truly over.  I couldn't even face my punnet of tomatoes this morning after the previous red food had been so revolting.  I am going to have to find a new gimmick and given that this is North Sydney, that probably won't be hard.....


No comments:

Post a Comment