Saturday, May 28, 2011

So the world didn't end, and I realise now I was totally remiss not to clean my house from top to toe and make a special visit to the boys bathroom left behind for people (sinners mostly) to comment on in case the rapture occurred and there was any kind of unclean activity in the bathroom area.  Anyway, all solved now until the actual real end of the world happens, which no one knows the date of so will just have to keep a toilet brush at the ready.....

Dare I even talk about my own run today?  Perhaps not.  I am, however, prepared to talk about my beetroot addiction. 

As you know, I have beetroot in some shape or form every day.  Shape or form mostly being juiced.

Today I tried roasting a beetroot in the oven.  It wasn't that nice.  A man in work swears by this recipe and to be honest I added my own flavour to it, but it wasn't really that nice.  So the plan was a bed of rocket, a roast beef, cooked rare and sliced finely, roasted beetroot sliced finely and a horseradish and cream sauce to dress.  The rocket, roast beef and horseradish sauce were all fab, but the roast beetroot was not great.  I wonder if I did something wrong, so if there are any beetroot roasting genius's reading this (and that is highly unlikely as I think I have a readership of two) could you please give me pointers.

I have been making my own beetroot and carrot juices and they have been amazing.  I am still totally addicted to beetroot juice, and I have never had clearer skin since I swapped my protein bars for vegetables.  Although sometimes my stomach doesnt know what to make of it all and I am able to leave silent but deadlies on the train at the very best moments, like when the fat smelly man sits down and opens his broadsheet newspaper right in my personal space whilst breathing yucky garlic over me......

Today 11km with Simon - it hurt.  Hip hurt, achilles hurt but I kept on.  Pleased with the run.  Then another 6.5km later today to pick up banjaxed car.  That really hurt.  By then achilles and hip had gone into protest mode.  Worried about tomorrows 26km trail run.......





No comments:

Post a Comment