Sunday, December 11, 2011

Clarity

Went for a run today in the rain.  Love running in the rain, and today I had a moment of total clarity.  Suddenly everything made sense, and to the sounds of "Killing in the Name Of" I realised something that explains so much in my life.  See, I knew I ran for a reason.  I suppose the first step is understanding yourself and your behaviours and then working out what you want to do about it.  I guess grief makes you think about things in your life you otherwise wouldn't normally explore.  It's been a really odd month, my life seems to be taking a new direction, which I am not entirely unhappy with.  We'll see where it ends up.... :)

In terms of running, I am back running regularly over the last two weeks and I cannot describe how much better it has been making me feel.  Mentally and physically.  This week I have managed four runs, which I am fine with, plus a couple of weights sessions.  Feeling good although the achilles is a wee bit upset and needs some TLC.  At least now I know how to manage it and know it will take a few weeks of nurturing and it will get better.

I have proved to myself over the last few weeks that despite the travel I do, and the hours I work, I can still train.  So no excuses me!!

Now off to get gussied up for a dinner with my gorgeous and funny girlfriend!




No comments:

Post a Comment