Sunday, December 4, 2011

Lots to be grateful for....

This week was GREAT! 

Made an effort to get out and do things, so getting back into the swing of fitness once more (I've had more comebacks than someone who has had a lot of comebacks.  I can't think of anyone appropriate right now.  Well, Gary Glitter springs to mind, but the least said about him the better). 

Anyway, Monday - I got on the biggest DIY manual in the world, YouTube and looked up "fast efficient workouts" and got some  man doing a ten minute workout that looked like fun.  Lots of burpees, squat jumps and the like.  Gave it a go and did some weights too.

Wednesday we ran around the river with Yvonne and Kelly and did some weights together in the park like a pack of eejits.  Thankfully by the time the run was over it was dark so we didn't have anyone watching us doing our thang.

Thursday I ran round the river before PT class and Friday I ran with the Cool Running Twilight gang. 

Saturday morning I went on an "adventure date" and swam 30 laps of Parramatta Pool (50 metre pool, that's 1.5km for those with the calculators out) and then had a gorgeous breakfast in a Cuban style cafe.

And finally this morning we hiked for three hours in the National Park and climbed down from Glenbrook to Erskine Creek via Jack Evans Track, something I had wanted to do for a long time, and was rewarded with gorgeous views and the most gorgeous morning out.  I didn't do anything crazy or over strenuous so my body feels good and more importantly my head feels good too. 

The boys in work have been at me to come with them for a run and to some stairs they like to run up and down.  Sounds like a challenge so I'll bring my stuff next week.  I am amazed and disappointed at how porky I have become after a few weeks of unenthusiastic running.  Well, try two months of unenthusiastic running.  However I am now enthused again, both for my mental state and to ensure my impressive dress collection does not become redundant. 

1 comment: