Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Our deepest fears.....

....are like dragons guarding our deepest treasures.

And that is so true.

I am just thankful for all the good things that have happened lately and I am so positive about the future.

And that isn't even post run euphoria talking.  Or even vodka.  My Saturday run angered Mr Achilles to the point I couldn't risk it Sunday.  So Sunday I managed 1.6km in the pool.  Yeah me.  Swimming.  1.6km.  In one go.  Without stopping.  hahahahaha.

Then I was still jumping from foot to foot so I took the bike out for 20km.  It took about 45 mins and probably about a thousand calories and countless back muscles to pump up the tyres, despite my new fangled pump I bought in the winter, once used.  Problem was, I forgot the key aspect of UNSCREWING the wee lid thing on the poky out bit of the tyre.  No wonder my face was getting red, I was panting and the tyre was staying flat.  But no matter, it is in the long term memory now, no need to remind myself.  Except I was reminded about the time, not that long ago, that I forgot how my gears worked and I rode for 10.8km in a really hard gear, thinking, "this bike riding lark is harder than I remember" until I remembered that thing that looks like a break is actually a gear changing thingy and you can drop down a gear, and yeah, well ....most normal people know this shit....

Anyway.  I liked the weeekends activities.  Last night I had to work till 10pm standing in the rain watching fecking eejits tell me they couldn't read a number plate when it would have been clear to fecking Stevie Wonder what was on the plate.  So no running Monday.

2 comments:

  1. "wee lid thing on the poky out bit" Oh Freddo, your technical mumbo jumbo confuses me so :)

    ReplyDelete