Thursday, December 29, 2011

Getting Better....

8km run.  Ankles hurt.  They are taking it in turns to torture me.  But I expect that from them at this time of year, so I persevere. Not one snake sighting, except on the floor of my laundry, which was a blue sweetie snake that fell out of my camelbak, so no worries there.  Except I did get tangled in a twig on the trails and kinda got all panicked that I was being attacked by a snake or a mongoose or something.  Muttering to myself about being attacked by a farking snake / twig at precisely the same time as the only other people I saw on the trail walked past me.  Subdued sniggers from them.  More muttering from me. Then a leaf got caught on the toe of my shoe and I was convinced it was some kind of creature.  These are all good ways of forgetting about a throbbing toothache that I am TELLING myself will go away.  Soon.

1.5km swim with the Pool Nazi's.  I'm in the farking slow lane people.  You don't have to swim over the top of me....shoulders very sore, as that is 1.5km two days in a row now.  But felt totally awesome afterwards.

Some weights.  Well, 100 squats with the bar loaded up as much I could get it.  And some dicky arm movements to try and get rid of my bingo wings.  All eating going according to plan.  So it's all good.


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! Dicky arm movements for the bingo wings! So technical - Love it! Good work with the 100 squats! Would have had sore legs after that.

    ReplyDelete