Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday 13th.........

Drumroll......Twilight Zone music.......what will Friday 13th have in store for me?

Last night got home with mood definately GRUMPY on account of the fact that my achilles went NUP NOT PLAYING in the middle of a run where I was thinking to myself, gee I"m clever, all this sore achilles needs is a little bit of blood flow.  WRONG!  It needed a good stretch and some ice and some compression and some massage but not a bloody run with a hill thrown in......so literally had to hop about 3km back to the PT class. 
However, woke up this morning, daily ritual of taking everything off, drying feet to ensure no extra weight is registered from, god forbid, a bit of water on my feet from the bathroom floor and VOILA!!!  3 kilos since the start of the new year.  FANFUCKINGTASTIC!!!!!  One happy camperooney.  So, the mix of weights, high protein low carb, and "'almost" (but not quite) no alcohol appears to be working. (Yep another rip snorting success for Dry January).....

Running, whilst being the thing that I love to do most, despite being absolutely crap at it, will have to take a little back seat whilst I sort out the achilles.  I have devised a little circuit of high intensity exercises coupled with heavy weights which appears to work nicely for me.  And I can still swim (except I will be keeping my mouth closed - I firmly believe my nasty virus was something lurking in Glenbrook Pool) and go cycling and do my intervals and treat each set of stairs at the train station as a stair master and do my pelvic floor excercises on the train and run up and down the stairs at work and - well you get the drift......  So mood from yesterday has definately improved.  I am yearning to get back out on the trails and I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and I dearly want to do the Knapsack 3 hour race with last years dream team, except I would be hoping for a more dignified finish this year that did not involve projectile vomiting for what felt like an eternity in the transition area, but that seems unlikely too (the race, not the dignified finish).  Anyway I am feeling happy and positive about everything DESPITE dicky ankle, so - life is good.  And I am enjoying it.  I think that's the idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment