Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Protein Balls

Wow - crazy day.  Actually, today could be and has been a catalyst for a number of rather large decisions both personally and professionally....

But first - home made protein balls are a huge liability in your handbag, especially if the texture isn't right and the glad wrap is a bit loose.  It's fair to say that my new Guess handbag is not looking (or smelling) so great right now.  In fact it looks like someone has taken a dump in it.  And then smeared it around my notebooks, wallet and hairbrush.  Yeah try brushing your hair with protein balls in your brush (just before a first date)....

Thing is, I overdid it on the "good" ingredients (read, the totally WRONG ingredients, the ones with loads of calories).  So my protein balls have very little protein and are laden with dates and nuts and more nuts and berries.  And just a wee bit of protein and cocoa.  And shit loads of coconut.  Nope, don't come to me for a protein ball recipe, that's for sure.

Although despite the codeine I am taking for the Never Ending Fecking Pnuemonia I have to say I am pretty damn regular, if you know what I'm saying.  So maybe I could market them as Laxative Protein Balls?  They are bloody lovely though, and very very filling. 

Anyway.  Work.  Oh Please Lord Deliver Me From These Evil Stupid Fuckwits.  Ok ok, I'm frustrated.  Been working on a project for 2.5 years.  1.5 years ago I say, you know what?  This project is senseless.  If it were my money, I wouldn't do it.  We should get out.

And they said, oh really, do you think so, why is that, listened and then agreed to can it, kaput, goodbye, closed it down.

Actually no, I work for Government so that never happened at all.

So it went like this....we can't do that (because we don't make decisions, we're government), we have to deliver this project, lets pretend we didnt have this conversation.  And on we went.

Now, seriously, 2.5 years into the project, $10m spent, our partner goes, I dont really like the sound of this.  I think this project will make x y and z happen.  And I'm not terribly comfortable with that.

And my response?  Hmmmmm.  Interesting concept 2 weeks from go live, $10m of our money spent later and 2.5 years in the making.  I felt like I was on the set of Star Wars.  Or maybe some other film that was crap and unsuccessful.  So maybe not Star Wars.  Maybe, Weekend at Bernies 3. But seriously.

And I haven't even started on the actual issue behind this, which is like telling Steven King he can't write for shit.  Well, in that realm.  So professionally, there are challenges.  God I love a challenge, but really, this little suite of them make you want to cover your ears and go LA LA LA and rock back and forth in a corner a bit like Carrie (getting the Steven King references in here like a bandit, I am).

And I haven't even started on my handbag story, my Japan theory or the weekend ahead of hiking in the mountains with my interstate visitor who may or may not have a backpack.  Or my still droopy eye.  But it will be a very very big relief to spend this weekend on the trails in the mountains philosophising (is that a word??? is it spelt right??!!) on all this and more with a good friend and by Monday I am sure I will have ALL the answers.  If not, I will have covered some wonderful trails and potentially drank a nice Guinness or two, and talked a load of shite.  Intelligent shite, but shite nonetheless.  Bring on the weekend!!!

Also, I had fun making faces at myself in the mirror this evening when I got home.  And then I looked around to see if anyone was looking.  Which is odd because I live alone.  And then I realised this and made some more stupid faces.  Fuck it felt good. 






No comments:

Post a Comment