Friday, June 28, 2013

Protein Balls Take Two

Today I decided to try again with the protein ball idea.  Total success!  They were yummy.  Here is my made up recipe which just seemed to work.

Small bag almond meal
About three tablespoons of LSA
A good whack of cocoa powder  (the unsweetened kind)
Coffee flavoured low carb protein powder
Citrus rind (comes in a bag from the cooking section) - but only a wee bit
Cinnamon - I used lots and it tasted like one of those yummy cinnamon buns
Water
Teeny wee bit of rice bran oil to bring it all together.

Form into balls, sprinkle with cinnamon - seriously - heaven!!


Then in a ball kind of a mood, I made lamb balls:

Lamb cut into cubes, in blender with yoghurt, mint and garlic cloves.  Form into balls, bake in over.  Die with the garlicky lamby gorgeousy goodness of it all.

Finally, I went chicken balls:

Chicken thigh cut into cubes, in blender with lemongrass, ginger and chilli and a little bit of almond meal to bind it all together.  Form into balls and bake.

So, that is the weekend food sorted, got my exciting visitor coming tomorrow, a group run on Sunday morning, I've done a good little week of training and I am a happy camper:

Monday - Pump.  Arrrghhh.  Can't sit down, getting up from my desk hurts, brushing my teeth hurts, raising my eyebrows hurt!
Tuesday - my first run with the Summit Sisters - awesome!!  Pissing rain, puddles, trails, bush and fabulous company - came home soaked, tired and happy.  This will be a regular Tuesday night thing now.
Wednesday - ok I lied.  It wasnt THAT great a training week...
Thursday - 7km in the dark with Bentley Man.  This too is going to be a regular thing and we are working towards a goal that is a little bit challenging and a lot exciting.  Plus he is great company. 
Friday - Laps of the Sack of Knap.
Saturday - don't know yet!!  Might google and see whats on - B Man coming to visit - FARKKK!!!
Sunday - group run - 20km - W2G cancelled so we are doing two laps of the local 10km Saturday morning run.  Looking forward to seeing my running buddies.

All in all, so far has been a wicked week, really enjoying this night time running business.  All is really well in my world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment